So, we have had many questions about switching from WordPress to Wix platforms such as “Can I transfer my WordPress to Wix? “Is it possible to transfer a blog from WordPress to Wix “What is the best way to transfer a blog from WordPress to Wix or What is the best way to transfer from WordPress to Wix?” “If I transfer my site from WordPress to Wix, will it lose ranking?”, “Why do users switch from WordPress to Wix?”
If you have had any of the above questions flutter through your mind, this might just be the simple and straightforward answer to your questions. This blog post is about to explain to you in detailed yet simple ways of how to transfer from WordPress to Wix as you will no longer be in doubt or still ask yourself the usual question of “can I transfer my WordPress to Wix”
Let us answer each of the questions asked above.
Can I Transfer my WordPress Website to Wix?
Is it possible to transfer from WordPress to Wix? Yes, it is possible to transfer from WordPress to Wix. However, we will say that before attempting to transfer from one website platform to the other such as a transfer from WordPress to Wix, you should understand what type of website platforms you are dealing with.
For the sake of this blog post, let us discuss WordPress and Wix.
WordPress is the most popular content management system. It is very common because it doesn’t require coding or knowledge of programming language to build. WordPress is also one of the most popular website builders.
Reasons why you may want to Transfer from WordPress to Wix
So, if WordPress is very easy to use, why do people constantly ask the question: Can I transfer my WordPress Website to Wix. There are several reasons why you may want to transfer from Wix to WordPress.
- Wix website builder is very easy to learn when compared to WordPress.
- The cost of maintaining a WordPress website may also be a reason a WordPress user may start asking the question: “can I transfer my WordPress to Wix”. You may not be able to keep up paying to maintain certain features of your WordPress website such as the plugins, SEO, firewalls and SSL certificates, updates, security and many more. So, you may begin the WordPress to Wix migration.
- Another reason you may be looking for how to migrate from WordPress to Wix is that Website builders such as Wix allow you to start using them without paying and with a flexible plan option. They also offer fixed costs for hosting and other services.
- Users of website mostly prefer Wix as a website builder over WordPress.
- Wix is easy to use and has several helpful resources in the form of staff, engineers, and developers ready to integrate the website features for you. Hence, you may start considering how to migrate from WordPress to Wix
Factors to Consider before starting your WordPress to Wix Migration
Before you begin on how to transfer from WordPress to Wix, ensure to consider the areas that will help in ensuring a smooth and hassle-free WordPress to Wix migration. Aspects such as domain name, contents and hosting transfer should be put into consideration. Moreover, ensure to preserve and maintain your search engine position so you don’t lose traffic.
Here are the things to know before beginning your transfer from WordPress to Wix
- Be ready to work in a new field. WordPress to Wix migration means relearning a new platform. Wix and WordPress have different platforms. Wix is however friendlier although it has certain limitations when compared to WordPress which may prevent you from exploring the website.
- Transferring blogs from WordPress to Wix is not easy
- Plugins, themes, settings, and coding varies when considering how to migrate from WordPress to Wix. This will change the look of your website
- It may be difficult to transfer from WordPress to Wix as you may have to do most transfers manually because WordPress does not have an easy switch button for WordPress to Wix migration. But relax! With Wix, you can easily set up your new home website and you have lots of money to save.
- Consider having an agency like CIS Agency to create and support your business website while you focus on generating sales.
What is the best way to Transfer from WordPress to Wix
What is the best way to transfer from WordPress to Wix? Or What is the best way to transfer a blog post from Website to Wix.
WordPress and Wix are two different website platforms so switching contents between these two may be a bit difficult. WordPress export feature permits the exportation of your data in XML format which is not compatible with Wix. Hence, learning how to migrate from WordPress to Wix may require a bit of technicality, but hey! we’ve got you covered. We intend to use this post “can I transfer my WordPress to Wix’ to teach you the very basics you need to know for a transfer from WordPress to Wix.
How to switch from WordPress to Wix
When transferring your WordPress to Wix, the new website is created on the old domain while maintaining the content. The design may however be different. The duration of the transfer depends largely on the volume to be transferred. So, how can I transfer my WordPress to Wix?
Follow these steps to learn how to migrate from WordPress to Wix.
- Back up your old WordPress website. You don’t want to lose valuables you can’t recover.
- Sketch out your new Wix website. Mind Mup is a mind map market
- Employ the services of an agency like the CIS Agency to help manage blog posts, designs, and SEO
- Create a new Wix account using an email with a strong password.
- Choose your template design. You can as well customize one to your taste.
- To transfer your WordPress content, start by editing the website.
- Proofread the new Wix website to avoid mistakes and errors. Online website checklists or Wix experts.
- Connect your domain.
To connect your domain, follow the steps below:
- Add the domain to your Wix account
- Update your domain’s name server (the company you bought the domain from) setting in your domain host account
- Wait for your domain’s new DNS records to propagate.
Learn more on How to Connect your domain to the Wix Name Server
- Another way of connecting your domain is through the Wix dashboard
- Confirm the connection of domain in your email before proceeding
- Change the DNS domain setting in the register.
- Finish up by following Wix’s instructions for marketing integrations and other features.
How to Transfer your Blog Posts from WordPress to Wix
To import your WordPress Blog Posts to your Wix during WordPress to Wix migration, follow the following steps:
- Add Wix Blog to your new website. Wix blog is an app that helps you drive traffic to your website with an advanced SEO. You can also monetize your blogs using ads and subscriptions with Wix Blog.
- Next, go to Published Tab > More Actions.
- Click Import WordPress posts > Get Started
- Input URL of WordPress blog, for example, https://https://iconicdigitalworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Best-kid-business-ideas-2021-4.jpgdigitalworld.com/ or https://https://iconicdigitalworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Best-kid-business-ideas-2021-4.jpgdigitalworld.com/blog
- Click Next
- Check the box to confirm the website is yours by checking the URL, site name, and the number of blog posts.
- Click Yes, Import Posts to import posts. Exercise patience as this may take a few minutes depending on the number of blog posts being transferred.
- Once done, you can customize your blog post designs using the Editor.
- You may choose to connect a domain or edit the SEO settings of your blog posts.
- Publish a post in Editor
If I Transfer my Site from WordPress to Wix, will it Lose Ranking?
For those asking, if I transfer my site from WordPress to Wix, will it lose ranking? To migrate your blog posts from WordPress to Wix, when your Wix website is set, set up a 301 page redirect from your old WordPress to Wix. Once this is done, your Wix site now gets the traffic instead of WordPress.
However, if your WordPress website is made up of pages rather than blog posts, you will have to manually copy and paste content (text and images) into the new Wix pages.
Follow these tips:
- Copy and Paste WordPress pages into WordPress blog posts
- Import WordPress blog posts into Wix blog
- Copy and paste imported blog posts into Wix pages
As mentioned earlier, WordPress to Wix migration may require a bit of technicality, however, if you are confident in learning how to transfer your WordPress contents to your new Wix, go ahead. If not, we recommend you consider using the services of a professional. Focus your energy and time on generating sales while Iconic World Digital handles all your website issues.
Due to several reasons mentioned above, you may be considering transferring your website to Wix. The blog post has answered your question – can I transfer my WordPress to Wix? If you are not sure if you can go through the whole process yourself, reach out to professionals! Again, you don’t have to know or bother yourself with the technicalities. Get the job done with trusted hands.