SEO software or tools are becoming a game-changer in the digital marketing world today for businesses. Having an online presence is no longer as important as knowing what is happening to your business online. Also, 53.3% of website traffic comes from organic searches, and 68% of the online experiences begin with search engines. With the SEO tools for small business available today, you can now track and manage your small business search engine optimisation efforts.
There are various SEO software that small business owners can start taking advantage of for their businesses. The truth is, you may not necessarily need all these tools; however, depending on what you need to track or measure and your budget, we have carefully outlined all the relevant SEO software for small businesses.
This list of small business SEO software includes the unique features of each of the software to make an informed decision and get the result you desire rather than spending so much on a tool you don’t need and still getting no result to show for it. Ready? Let’s get on with the best SEO software for small businesses.
What is SEO Software for small businesses?
SEO software for small businesses is the tool used to research, analyze, monitor the data related to a small business website in terms of visibility, ranking, engagement, organic traffic level, website performance, lead generation, orders or conversions and increased ROI. This is done to ensure optimization for search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo.
Small business SEO is one of the effective digital marketing strategies small business owners can utilise for a consistent increase in return on investment.
What are the SEO tools list?
Common SEO tools or software includes:
- Google My Business
- Screaming frog SEO spider
- Moz Local
- Google Analytics
- Yoast SEO
- Google Search Console Analytics Tools
- Google Trends
- SERP Robot
- SEOmoz Mozbar
- The Google Keyword Planner
And a whole lot more. Hey, we will go over these in a bit and how they are used, but first, let’s head on to the benefits of using the best SEO tools for small businesses.
What are the Benefits of SEO Software for Small Businesses?
You are probably thinking right now:
“Why is it essential to use the various SEO software for small businesses?
Do I need one? My business is a small-scale business, by the way.”
“Is SEO worth it for small business?’
Wait! Before you discard the idea of using SEO software for your small business, let us look at the benefits of using SEO software for small businesses.
See what you get when you use SEO software for your business:
- Using the best SEO tools for small business helps you find the right keywords and topics to target
- You can better organise your SEO strategy with these software
- You get to save your time and money with SEO tools
- With these small business SEO software, you analyse competitor rankings.
- SEO software helps you track keyword rankings.
- These tools are small business SEO packages that allow you to check website backlinks
- Small business SEO tools allow you to manage business listings
- With the best SEO software, you can monitor your online reputation
- These tools also help you improve your overall website performance.
- You can optimise your on-page elements.
Was I able to change your mind? Or rather, are you beginning to see sense in utilising these tools?
Yes? Awesome, I can now teach you how to choose the best SEO tool for your small business
Hang on a bit there, don’t leave the page yet. What exact improvement do you want for your small business? What do you want to track? Traffic, ranking, engagement, keywords, website performance, or lead generation?
In the next section below, I will be letting you know how each of these various tools works to help you track your small business progress digitally and I promise you, this is worth the read.
Top 10 Best SEO Software for Small Business
While some SEO tools for small business are multi-faceted or all-in-one tools, that is they can serve more than one SEO function, including analysing, tracking, technicality, ranking, some are limited in function.
Hence, we have thus categorised these SEO software into different categories according to their use.
All-in-One SEO Tools:
SEMrush is one of complete SEO software or tool that currently exist. This is because SEMrush is a comprehensive SEO tool. It can be used for a wide variety of SEO efforts, including:
- Competitor analysis/ research
- Backlink analysis
- Keyword research
- Organic search traffic
- Site auditing
- Listing management feature
- Automated on-page SEO audits
- Keyword rank tracking, and many more
SEMrush has an extensive database for keyword research relating to many industries and niches, including yours. It also features local estimated search volumes and difficulty. SEMrush also offers you a detailed on-page site audit ensuring your webpages rank high on SERPs.
Another feature that stands SEMrush among the best SEO software tools for small businesses in 2022 is the fact that you can compare and analyze your competitor’s website find out how and why they are performing well so you can replicate the same and even more. SEMrush’s is also a good SEO software for small business because of its gap-analysis feature that helps you improve your website content quality by analyzing your competitor’s content.
Of importance is SEMrush’s backlink analysis feature, which many website owners are beneficial as it helps them quickly analyze any potential harmful backlinks to disavow.
The con we have with SEMrush is that it may not be the best small business SEO tool because of its pricing. However, if you can afford it, then you should consider getting this. Click for SEMrush Plans and Pricing.
With over 11 billion keywords and over 400 billion indexed pages, Ahref is another best SEO software for small businesses in 2022. It is an all-in-one SEO tool with several great features that permits you to:
- Analyse your competitor’s website
- Build strong backlinks in your industry
- Get relevant keyword ideas for SEO content creation
- Perform a website auditing and learn how to fix website issues
- Discover the best content ideas through content research
- Track you and your competitor’s ranking on SERPs
- Monitor mentions via emails.
Just like SEMrush, Ahrefs also has backlink analysis feature on the Site Explorer tool to monitor the growth of your backlinks over time and analyse the different websites that are linked to your website. This best SEO software 2022 allows you to identify the pages responsible for the most traffic and the keywords such webpages are ranking for in search engine algorithms such as Google.
Moreover, Ahrefs Site Explorer tool helps you analyse your competitors’ best-performing pages and keywords so you can also start using them asap. Take for instance; your competitor has a landing page that generates huge traffic with some keywords you aren’t using yet, by analyzing with one of the best small business SEO packages, you can schedule the content ideas into your SEO plan. For new digital marketers and freelancers, Ahref offers the Lite plan for $99 per month and for small businesses and marketing teams for $179 per month. For your SEO needs and business size, check here for Ahrefs’ Plan and Pricing.
Moz services include:
If you’re looking at knowing the certainty of your website ranking on Google, MozPro is one of the best small business SEO tools you should consider. MozPro is well known for its DA, Domain Authority metric with which it forecast or predict the likelihood of a website ranking. It uses a scale of 0 to 100 with scores tending towards 100 as greater likelihood. The DA is determined by the quality and quality of links.
The MozPro link explorer also includes a back-link analysis too. MozPro best small business SEO software allows you to:
- Optimize your online visibility
- Manage tour search presence in Google, Bing and other search engines
- Carry out keyword research
- Analyse competitor’s website
- Perform your website audit
- Find link-building opportunities
It is, however important to note that no SEO tool on its own can find all of you and your competitors’ backlinks; hence we suggest that you use multiple software to get the total result.
This Moz best SEO software for small business is a google chrome extension tool with which you can review a website’s backlink details, page authority, DA and spam score. With this tool, you can also view followed and no-followed links on a page.
MozLocal allows you to capture and audit your citations (a mention of your name, address, and phone number) on another website. With this best SEO software tool for small business in 2022, you can see if your citation information is consistent across all directories, including Bing Local, Facebook business pages, and Yelp.
4. Google Analytics:
Google Analytics is one of the free small business SEO tools for tracking organic search traffic to your website. If you’re looking at tracking all traffic, Google Analytics is your go-to SEO tool. Approximately 29 million websites use Google Analytics tools to analyze their website traffic.
Google Analytics is one of the best SEO tools for small business that helps you determine:
- User’s behaviour on your website
- Which marketing strategy drives the most traffic to your website,
- Which strategy drives the most lead and converts into sales.
- Where your visitors come from Most popular pages
- How long a visitor stayed on your website
As a small business owner, you should start using Google Analytics. Google Analytics is free hence the best SEO software tool for small business in 2022. Up to 100 Google Analytic accounts can be created with 1 to 50 properties (website, device or mobile application)
Google Analytics offer a free service and all you needed do is have an account. However, it also has a paid version, the Analytics 360 with advanced features such as the unlimited data and large enterprise reporting.
5. Google Trends
Like the word, Google Trend, this best SEO software for small business gives you an insight into the current demand for a particular keyword over time. This tool is a free software that helps you understand your audience in real time.
Google trends can also be used to find new and trending related keywords. It helps you target the right keywords; hence, you can look at what is happening now to create content with trending and relevant keywords to boost your website visibility and increase traffic.
- Find new and trending keywords
- Spy on your competitors
- Track your website performance
How to make use of Google Trends SEO software:
- Compare several key terms/ search queries and see if their search interest increases or decreases over time.
- Find new related topics that are gaining popularity and build your content plan around the keyword
Find out how to get started with using Google Trends on Google Search Console.
When it comes to technical SEO, it involves optimizing the technical aspects of your websites including site speed, indexing, and crawling.
6. Screaming Frog SEO Spider
Among the many technical SEO tools for small businesses, Screaming Frog is one of the best SEO software for small business in 2022. It is used by many agencies and in-house teams across the world.
With Screaming Frog SEO spider tool, you can:
- Crawl up to 500 website pages to identify ranking issues for free
- Access unlimited crawl for paid packages
- Conduct an audit on all your redirect
- Check internal links that point to pages
- Detect broken links- Error 404 and other potential server errors
- Scan competitor’s websites
- Fish out duplicate contents
- Scan many web pages to check title pages, metatags, meta description, headers etc.
How to make use of Screaming Frog SEO Software
Screaming Frog SEO software does not run in a browser; it runs locally on your computer. First, download Screaming Frog software and install it.
We recommend Screaming frog for large businesses rather than as a small business SEO tool because its usage is a bit technical. It is the best fit for larger websites with more tracking needs.
Screaming frog Pricing and Plan: Free version to crawl 500 pages while the paid license costs £149
There are several other small business SEO software you can use, including:
- Frog SEO Spider
- Google Page Speed Insight
- WP Rocket
- GT Metrix.
SEO Content Writing Software
7. Jarvis AI (Now Jasper AI)
With Jarvis AI, a small business owner can create better content easier and faster with a great chance of ranking high on SERPs. Jarvis AI is one of the best SEO software for small business in 2022 as it offers you:
- SEO meta description templates for a faster content creation
- Writing tools with long-form editor
- Better optimisation
- Blog pages and location pages for local SEO
8. INK for ALL
Ink for All is another best SEO tools for small business. It is a desktop app that ensures you deliver search-optimized content on your websites for visitors to locate you quickly.
Ink for All works by optimising your content on the go while you write rather than later. This small business SEO software uses a scoring system to measure the keyword volume relative to the word count and based on existing articles on the web. It also gives you suggestions as you write.
Get ready to connect with the right audience when you use Ink-for-All SEO software.
Keyword Research and Content Ideas
This keyword tool is one of the best SEO software for small businesses in 2022. With a seed keyword in the search column, you will get a list of long-tail keywords. This SEO software is completely free and suitable for small businesses that can’t afford tools like Ahrefs and SEMrush.
However, you should be careful with the keyword difficulty it gives you. You can perform a manual SERP analysis for crosschecking. Nevertheless, we have no issue with the backlink checker and website traffic estimator.
Other free keyword software includes Keywords everywhere, Answer the public, Google Search Console, Keyworddit, Keywords generator.
Local SEO Tools
These small business SEO tools are targeted at increasing your website visibility on SERPs to increase traffic, leads and ultimately sales.
10. Google My Business:
This SEO software is the most powerful and best SEO tool for small businesses to optimise their online presence. With this SEO tool, you can:
- Create, manage, and optimise business listing
- Potential customers can find important information like business name, phone number, address, etc., via Google Maps and Search result.
Glad I got your attention to this point! Now, that you have known each of the best SEO software for small businesses, I am happy to inform you that you don’t have to use all the small business SEO tools for your business before you achieve your desired result. I guess that sounds relieving, right? Oh Yeah, it does, because you just need the right one.
Let’s take a look at how to choose the best SEO tool for your small business.
How to Choose the Best SEO software for small Business
With the several SEO software available on the market, choosing the right tool may be difficult. But it doesn’t have to be, does it? Choosing the best SEO software for small business largely depends on what you want to track or measure in your small business. Here are some factors to consider when choosing the best SEO software for small businesses:
- The best SEO software for small businesses have the capability of researching and tracking keywords based on your location
- It should have features for monitoring online reviews
- It should be able to analyse your website traffic and content performance
- Small business SEO tools should audit and analyze your competitor’s website rankings and backlink profiles.
- Small business SEO packages should have features for managing business listing and local citations and monitor online reviews.
- The best SEO tools should have the capability to track SEO performance.
Here is an extra:
As it is rightly said, you cannot manage what you don’t measure. To this end, it is necessary that you know some of the SEO metrics. With SEO metrics you can measure how effective your SEO efforts have been, notice opportunities to increase your traffic and revenue, notice threats to your traffic, and then make changes where necessary.
Now That You Know.
What are you still waiting for? Run off to get the right SEO software tool for your small business; however, now with an informed decision. Don’t forget to give us feedback on how your chosen best SEO software for small businesses has helped you grow your business. You can also higher a killer web designer here!